Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth, in Provo, UT, established the web hosting company Bluehost. nThere are 750 workers working in BLuehost. They offer one-click installation of wordpess in all their plans, and are a web host recommended by WordPress.org.
If there is one name in the world of web hosting you know, Bluehost is possibly on top. It started in 1996, making it old in terms of web standards.
In this post, I’m taking you behind the scenes and showing you my apps. I’ll also share a special offer at the bottom of this page for visitors (you can get it in $2.95 instead of the usual $3.95/mo).
This is how the dashboard of customers looks like:
When you finish reading this analysis, you will know what you should expect and what you’ll not expect from Bluehost (equally important).
Over the decades, they have certainly developed a solid reputation, especially for WordPress hosting.
They are listed among the official hosting providers of WordPress blogs and provide WordPress customers with a variety of great tools, bonuses and benefits.
In our Bluehost analysis, we will dig deeply into the details. But first let’s begin with some fast details.
- At first look, plans look inexpensive, but they’re not all as inexpensive as they seem. You can continue with shared hosting for only $2.95 a month if you’re concerned with such a thing. f not, the Starter Package usually costs $7.99 a month, which is quite affordable. Nonetheless, WP plans start at $12.49 monthly which is quite costly.
- Unlimited bandwidth with all the plans.
- The basic plan includes 100 email accounts. The Plus and Business Pro Plans provide unlimited email accounts.
- Get marketing bonuses worth up to $200.
- Enhanced cPanel makes configuring the sites simple and easy to manage.
Decision: what service level do you want to choose?
Bluehost provides 5 major hosting plans:
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Cloud Sites
Possibly shared hosting is what you need if you are looking for something cheap and simple. For that’s what most start-ups and small companies do. Dedicated hosting is the most expensive choice for large commercial corporations that need their resources to be completely managed.
You rent a physical server with dedicated storage. VPS hosting is a middle road between dedicated server and shared hosting where you have a physical server but its shared with other users. WordPress Hosting is clearly what it sounds like — designed to host website with WordPress. Let’s look at each of the levels of the plan.
- Basic: This package starts at a standard price of $3.49 per month to a maximum of $7.99 per month.
- Plus: The plan is $10.99 a month.
- Option Plus: $23.99 a month for this plan.
Both of these are very decent rates. But you can ensure that you get the best price with this deal! At the basic plan, you get a website, 50 GB of space and a unlimited bandwidth. One domain, five parked domains and 25 subdomains are also given. Five email accounts with capacity of 100 MB each are also included.
You get unlimited websites and unlimited storage and bandwidth with the Plus or Choice Plus plans, which is awesome. You get a domain, and unlimited domains and subdomains can be parked.
Email and storage is unlimited, as well as advertisement deals worth $200. It also includes a CDN and 1 SpamExperts.
Business Pro is the highest plan. It includes up to $180 in annual additional benefits, including two SpamExperts, one premium SSL, one dedicated IP address, domain privacy, performance enhancements, and SiteBackup Pro.
- Standard: $19.99 for first month, up to $29.99 from the first month afterwards.
- Enhanced: $29.99 for first month, up to $59.99, from the first month afterwards.
- Ultimate: $59.99 for first month, up to $119.99, from the first month afterwards.
Such rates are consistent with normal VPS hosting costs in the industry. Two CPU cores are available for first 2 plans and three and four cores for the top plans. The lowest level gives you 30 GB SAN storage, the highest level gives you up to 120 GB. RAM ranges between 2 GB and 8 GB. At regular level you get 1 TB of bandwidth and at the ultimate level up to 3 TB. Every plan includes a free domain. One IP address is included in the Basic tier; 2 IPs with other plans. A 24/7 support and a cashback guarantee is given with every plan.
- Standard: The first month is $79.99, and then $119.99 a month.
- Enhanced: The first month is $99.99, and then $159.99 a month.
- Premium: The first month is $119.99, and then your first month, $209.99 per month after that.
You will receive a 4 x 2.5GHz CPU with the Standard or Enhanced Package. A CPU of 4 x 3.3 GHz is included in the Premium package. The storage ranges from 500 GB to 1 TB (mirrored), and RAM starts at 4 GB of Premium tier with up to 16 GB at premium plan. The standard plan includes 5 TB of bandwidth, the enhanced tier is 10 TB and the Premium is 15 TB. Each plan contains one domain. You get three Standard IP addresses at standard plan, four at Enhanced plan and five at Premium plan. A 24/7 support and a money back guarantee are included in all plans.
- Basic: Beings at $2.95 with a subscription for 36 months.
- Plus: Begins at $5.45/mo with a subscription for 36 month.
- Choice Plus: Begins at $5.45/mo with a subscription for 36 month.
Security is a field in which Bluehost stands out. Three layers of Spam Security are available: Spam Experts, Spam Hammer and Apache Spam Assassin. You also get inbox protection; filters can easily be set up.
You have the option of blacklisting IP addresses if you need to block access to your website. Secure shell (SSH) access is another big feature. This gives you individual and secure access to configuration files.
Bluehost also provides CloudFlare single-click integration that provides even better security features and accelerates your web! CloudFlare is particularly useful for securing your site against DDOS attacks.
In this post, I'm taking you behind the scenes and showing you my apps. I'll also share a special offer at the bottom of this page for visitors (you can get it in $2.95 instead of the usual $3.95/mo).